Helpdesk Information & Hospitality Officer
Join our helpdesk in the heart of Utrecht to support your fellow-expats!
Volunteering with ACCESS is a rewarding way of using your existing skills and adding to your experience during your stay in the Netherlands. Furthermore, it provides you with an opportunity to meet people, create a community and give back.
What are the benefits?
- Work in a professionally-run, international organisation
- Provide support to the international community in the Netherlands
- Develop interpersonal skills
- Improve existing skills while learning new ones
- Be a part of a creative team
- Use spare time constructively helping others
- Benefit from our extensive resources
- Meet new people and develop your network
How to register
Should you meet the minimum requirements listed below, you are welcome to apply by submitting your CV and motivation letter on our website or click 'aanmelden'
- For EU citizens, you must have a BSN number. For non-EU citizens, you must have a valid work permit.
- You must have a proficient level of English: spoken and written.
- Our volunteer work is flexible. We ask for a minimum commitment of four hours per week during our working times of Mondays and Tuesdays 09:00-17:00, Thursdays 13:00-17:00 and Fridays 09:00-13:00.
- Unfortunately, candidates actively conducting a job search cannot be considered for volunteer positions.
- You must have had significant expatriate experience, internationals and Dutch nationals welcome!
Please note, your registration for the Information Morning is not complete until you have RECEIVED CONFIRMATION from ACCESS
Today ACCESS has evolved into a dynamic volunteer, not-for-profit organisation that serves the needs and interests of the international community, namely by:
providing information and guidance to the international community through our helpdesk, website and the expat centres we work from
fostering cultural diversity, facilitating connections and encouraging growth for our volunteers, and
providing services to the community through our childbirth courses, on-call Counsellors and training network.
Well into its 32nd year ACCESS has become synonymous with outstanding personalised service, empathy and insight. All ACCESS volunteers, trainers, counsellors, Dutch or international, have been expatriates themselves and know first hand what the extra hurdles are to living away from a familiar environment. They add value to what we do, and how we do it. Just as importantly, they do so voluntarily – generously giving their time, sharing their unique skills, experience and diverse cultural backgrounds.