Initiatives and actions in corona time
We list the initiatives we are familiar with!
- Kletsmaatjes Online Nederlands chat one-on-one with a newcomer, using an online Tool for Language Coaching.
- Coffee Quarter Skyping with elderly people against loneliness.
- Cards action NL Cares: Send a card to care staff or lonely elderly people.
- Stichting Senior Student - macht students aan ouderen, also reachable by phone: 020-3080916
- Ready2Help Red Cross
- Corona help NL for each other
- Greeting cards Oranje Fonds: two free greeting cards to give someone attention.
- Omapost is an app and website with which you can easily send a real card. At cost price. Temporary 'Cor omapost
- Koetjes & Kalfjes In Rotterdam they link students (calves) to one older person (cow) to just talk about coots and calves.
- Corona Quarantine Contact Together with the National Coalition against Loneliness, KRO NCRV brings people together; here you can call a lonely elderly person.
- Expansion of services Extra online or telephone care by national (informal) care organisations, including Vraagelkaar, Mantelkring, Buddynetwerk.
- Ticket for someone with a disability. Send a card to someone with a disability you do not know
- KidsCoronaKrant. With information about Corona for children.
- Various connecting initiatives, such as Not alone and Quarantine Chat.
Missing an initiative or project? Mail it to us and we will add it to our list.
Are you looking for regular volunteer work in these strange times? Then take a look at our own digital job board! Keep in mind that it may take longer before you get a response: many organisations are also searching in this period.