Stichting De Tussenvoorziening biedt verschillende vormen van opvang en begeleiding aan mensen in een kwetsbare situatie.
Onze doelgroep heeft veelal te maken met een complexe en meervoudige ...
Hosts for evening shifts at a shelter for refugees
In the Weerdsingel shelter we accommodate a maximum of 20 vulnerable women and men who do not legally reside in the Netherlands. This concerns, for example, asylum seekers whose asylum application has been rejected and illegal migrant workers who are not entitled to shelter provided by the central government. This group is also called 'undocumented'. We offer help for the most vulnerable.
We provide shelter for these people with the idea that 'nobody belongs on the street'. However, the Weerdsingel shelter does not provide permanent shelter. We offer people a safe place to unwind and regain their strength. Together with a mentor from Vluchtelingenwerk or STIL Utrecht, we help them the to find a more permanent solution for their situation in the Netherlands or in the country of origin.
The Weerdsingel shelter can only exist with the help of volunteers. There are only a few paid employees: a team manager and four paid social workers who only work during the day. Volunteers work in an evening and/or night shift (see vacancy for the reception of undocumented asylum seekers).
During the evening shift you can work together with a colleague volunteer. The shift starts at 18.45 with a handover (45 minutes) from the social worker and the shift ends at 22.45 hours. How the evening proceeds is largely due to your own input. You are free to play a game with residents, watch a movie or football, have a chat, practice Dutch / English, etc. For this you will have to dare to show initiative. Meanwhile you open the front door for residents and you welcome them 'home', you ensure that you know who is in the house in the evening and at night.
The tasks of the volunteers are:
- opening the door for residents
- keeping the attendance list (who is in the house)
- giving new residents a welcome feeling at the Weerdsingel
- supervising and ensuring a pleasant atmosphere at home
- organising fun activities with the residents
- supervising that the building is kept clean, addressing residents if they do not clean up their mess
- informing the residents about their rights and obligations in Utrecht and the Netherlands
- helping out with small practical questions from the residents (repair a bicycle together, print a route to an appointment or other small questions)
We are looking for people who:
- are at least 18 years old
- have strong personality
- can stay calm in difficult situations
- have communicative skills (speaking different languages is a plus)
- can work together
- do not shun responsibilities
- want to contribute something for refugees
- are prepared to work at least 1 evening shift every two weeks, or more!
If you are interested or for more information, please contact Luuk Haagen.
Onze doelgroep heeft veelal te maken met een complexe en meervoudige problematiek. Ons doel is dat mensen weer volwaardig en (zo) zelfstandig (mogelijk) kunnen deelnemen aan de samenleving.
Bij de Tussenvoorziening werken ca. 500 vrijwilligers en ca. 450 betaalde medewerkers.